History

Gold City Medical Centre first opened its doors in 1985. It was initially a single doctor practice run by Dr Kevin Zischke within the Woolworths arcade. Dr Jean Covey joined the practice in 1993 and while designing and building the current premises they practiced from the corner of Elizabeth and Mosman Streets at the current Indian restaurant premises.


gold city front2Gold City Medical Centre has now expanded into the heritage building next door and has rooms for 8 doctors, a nurses health room, 2 procedural areas, a childhood vaccination room and an allied health consulting room. We currently have 8 doctors working in our practice.

Gold City Medical Centre has been an accredited AGPAL general practice for over 10 years. AGPAL assesses our practice every three years to ensure that we meet current standards in General practice.

We have been a teaching practice for over 20 years.  We train registrars who are working towards their specialisation in General Practice and medical students who are doing their university training in general medicine and surgery.  We have also worked with overseas trained doctors for many years and provided teaching to trainee nurses.

Postal Address

PO Box 279
Charters Towers Qld 4820
Google Map

Contact Details

Phone: (07) 4787 7203 Fax: (07) 4787 1105
Email:
Book Online Facebook

Admin Panel